GiFT is very thankful and appreciative for its volunteers who help carry out the mission. Meet Angelique Hicks, an amazing volunteer who gives of her time and talent to support our families.
1. When did you start volunteering for GiFT?
I started volunteering for GiFT when Jennifer first started the organization.
2. Why do you choose to volunteer?
I was looking for an opportunity to serve others. Helping families who had sick babies in the NICO was the perfect fit for me
3. What are your main responsibilities?
I help do inventory and drop shipments off to families, either at their homes or at the hospitals.
4. What is your most memorable GiFT moment?
My most memorable moment was bringing my two sons with me on a couple of deliveries. They loved meeting Jennifer and packing the car. They enjoyed meeting the families and they seemed to further understand the importance of helping others over yourself. To this day they talk about volunteering and ask if they can help GiFT again.
5. What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is probably anything Mexican!
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
If I could live anywhere in the world I would live in New Zealand
7. If you were a superhero, what would you choose for your superpower?
If I were a superhero...I would love fly!