GiFT Practice Changes During COVID-19
To ensure safe operations during the coronavirus pandemic, GiFT will follow recommendations of the CDC and local authorities regarding health and safety. As recommendations evolve, the following practices may be amended. Beginning September 1, 2021: on-site GiFT volunteers will be required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (exceptions for health conditions will be considered).
Updated August 10, 2021.
Screening - All persons at GIFT shall self-screen prior to or upon arrival each day. Please stay home if you’re feeling ill.
1. Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
2. Do you live with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
3. Have you had unprotected contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
4. Have you had new (or unexplained) onset of the following symptoms in the last 14 days?: fever/chills, sore throat, difficulty breathing, unexplained muscle aches, cough, fatigue, headache, loss of sense of smell/taste, nasal congestion not related to allergies, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
5. It has been at least 2 weeks since my last COVID-19 vaccine.
Masking - All persons entering SFH on behalf of GiFT shall wear face covering in GiFT rooms and shared areas including stairwells, hallways, bathroom, copy room, conference room, etc. Masks may be removed when actively eating or drinking.
Hand hygiene - Soap and water wash (minimum 20 seconds) upon arrival, after restroom, before eating, and if hands are visibly soiled. Use hand sanitizer frequently and use moisturizer to prevent drying and cracking.
Cleaning/sanitation - With antiseptic spray solution or wipe, clean all high use surfaces in the Distribution Center upon arrival daily. Include counters, tables, door knobs, keyboards, light switches, pens, and drawer handles.
Family Pick-ups - Curbside package pick ups must be scheduled in advance. Verify digital Confirmation of Delivery at time of pick up.
THANK YOU for doing your part to keep our community safe and healthy!